Pages

Insta-Update 4


1. Earlier this month, we visited my husband's family in Plant City (#1 producer of strawberries in the U.S.--check those boxes you're buying this time of the year and there's a good chance it came from Plant City, FL) and couldn't help but take in the Strawberry Festival.  Though I didn't buy the deep fried butter, just make note that fair food is possibly the unwritten 6th love language and it's my love language fo' sho'.

2. Being that we were in the strawberry capital of the U.S., I bought two flats of strawberries (for only $5 each) and "got my Laura Ingalls on" by making 24 pints of strawberry jam.  And then I crashed.

3. In a quest to keep my grocery budget under $250 a month, I've been making a habit of stretching rotisserie chickens from Sam's Club.  This chicken salad from Maybe Matilda was a winner.

4. Picked up a crochet hook for the first time in a while and made a hat.  Haven't put my hook down since. 

5. Our 8 year old Westie.  He's just so handsome I can hardly stand it.

6. We occasionally switch up Elliott's usual hairstyle (a french braid) with something more fun from our Pinterest hair board.  In other hair news, I'm also majorly itching to chop off the hair that I've been working for two years to grow.  

7.  FL weather has been PERFECT.  Not hot, not cold, slightly breezy, in other words: perfect.  Oh, how I dread the summer...but we're totally taking advantage of our current conditions.

8. We just bought a new (to us) grill and we're loving it!  My husband even has cooked breakfast on the griddle that he bought to extend the utility of the grill. 

9. The Brevard Zoo here in lovely Melbourne just opened a new Meerkat exhibit.  It was quite possibly the cutest zoo exhibit I've ever seen, and I have renewed excitement about being annual pass holders.

And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...