Pages

Insta-Update.

Worst blogger ever?  Sure.  But hello and happy new year anyhow!

I freely admit that I am pretty slow in the world of technology--and it's mostly by choice.  I won't get on my soapbox, but I am happy being ignorant and perhaps even slightly disconnected.  It works for me.  But I just inherited a hand-me-down smart phone (I'm really moving up in the world!) from my husband and before he gave it to me, he added the Instagram App.

And I'm in love.

Like a million years ago, I wrote this post there I asked "why all the rage" about Instagram.  Well, I've been sucked in to the vortex.  So, here are a few of my firsts.  So far, I'm keeping my account for private use--but we'll see if I change my mind down the road.

Since technically I should be posting crafts, here's one of my latest finished projects--a spare tire cozy for my Rav4.  Because every car needs a bit of crochet, right?!  Believe it or not, I put this on my car early in November and it's been on ever since (with the exception of the time my husband ran it through the auto car wash--and I in turn gave it a wash in the machine and it came out just fine).  In other words, it's far more durable than I'd expected!


I've also finally knitted my first afghan, but here's an even newer project--a rug I'm making from t shirt yarn.  My husband gave me a stack of old t shirts that I turned into yarn after hoarding them in the back of my closet for a few years.  What, you don't hoard your husband's crusty old tees?


My girls are growing by leaps and bounds (well, okay, in reality they're growing slowly but surely--both are quite tiny for their ages) and of course that means lots of bumps and bruises.  I otherwise might not have documented such un-earth shattering news, but Instagram made this petty little thing seem very beautiful and artistic.  Actually, I'm kind of in love with this pic of scabby knees.


Also, look at that little rascal.  I left them to go put on mascara and chapstick (I clearly aim high in my cosmetic routine) and this is what I walked in to.  Bennett is quite the climber, and in all fairness to her, she's pretty dern good at it. ; )


I've made Gina's Pumpkin Banana Bread a handful of times now, and it's a hit with everyone around here.  Though it's not often that we have bananas that get overripe, this week I specifically set some aside to ripen for this bread. It keeps the whiners from being so...well, whiny... at breakfast.


And here's my first ever Instagram.  My husband points out this sign every time we pass it, so it seemed worthy its own moment in the spotlight.


Anything?  That's pretty generous for a used car lot.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You posted! And double yay for being on Instagram! I love it. I'm not super wild about facebook or twitter, but I really really love instagram. And I LOVE your tire cozy! That is amazing. I might need one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instagram is fun but it's so easy to become addicted. I deleted mine but I may start one up for my crafty things later.

    Thanks for sharing. [=

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...