Pages

Crafty gifts for the man I love

If you're the man I love, please, stop reading right now.  You know who you are.  ; )

I'm leaving spaces so he won't see any images on his browser.  If you're not him then just scroll down a bit.  Thanks!

{Don't Peek!}

{Don't Peek!}

{Don't Peek!}

{Don't Peek!}

{Don't Peek!}

{Don't Peek!}

{Don't Peek!}

Ok, I think he's gone.  Now ladies, how many of you out there have problems coming up with something to "make" for the special man in your life?  Yeah, me too.

My husband is not a beanie wearer, so making him a fabulous hat like Sharon did for her husband is a lost cause.  Scarves?  Nah, he'd never wear 'em. 

So, what to do?  I thought I'd make a T-Shirt for him.  But of what?  Well, he hates strongly dislikes Mac.  I mean, he's an I.T. guy so he's entitled to this opinion.  Maybe you're offended.  Well, don't be.  I couldn't care less about the computer you use--but he does because he's the one who helps people with computer problems.  I came up with a great T-Shirt for my Mac-hatin' husband.

I Hate MAc Shirt Complete

It's the I Hate Mac T-Shirt.  Think he'll like it? 

I used the freezer-paper stencil technique I've been preaching about.  Seriously, it's so simple and so satisfying!  I did a google image search for the Mac logo, and another search for the famous "NO" circle. 

I Hate Mac Shirt Supplies

If you're a Mac fan, well, simply leave off the "NO" circle.  It's that easy. 

That T-Shirt cost about $3 to create.  What?!  He'll appreciate that, too!

I also made him a hacky-sack for his stocking using this pattern.  It was really simple, even for a new crochet-er like me.
Crocheted Hacky Sack

I used Deborah Norville's Serenity Garden Yarn in Earth, and used a size D crochet hook borrowed from my momma.  Altogether, I'd say it took about 2 hours to figure out and create.  I filled it with dried black-eyed peas 'cause that's what I had.

I know he'll appreciate the nostalgic nature of the hacky sack. 

So, what have you made for the men on your list?  (And if you've only bought things, don't feel guilty.  I did some of that, too!)
Tristin Signature

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I didn't make anything for my husband this year, but I've made him boxer shorts (among other things like sports coats, but not for Christmas) in the past.:) I'll have to think of some fun t-shirt to make-I've been wanting to try the freezer paper stencil idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray LOVES it! Looks like I need to borrow some freezer paper... ;) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jam's will love it! My son is so blessed to have such a "girl...being crafty"! C ya soon, hon. Can't wait to c all your pretties up close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shirt! I love freezer paper stenciling, but I am bad at coming up with ideas of phrases or pictures to make. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Great idea. I think my boyfriend would love that T-Shirt too, although I'm a Mac lover!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple makes SOME wonderful products, I think most of us will agree on that, however they also make some poor quality, blatantly defective products and have little regard or respect for customers request help/support with such products. In fact they treat them with disdain. Unfortunately it's very difficult to take a stand against Apple due to the cult-like status that's developed around the company. Bravo to your mac-hating husband... I'm going to make one to wear on my next trip to the Apple store.

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...